Monday, August 29, 2005

Let’s spread the word!

Now that I have taken the blogger’s oath to regularly come up with (hopefully) interesting accounts, what comes to my mind is who are my readers. Like a good marketing student, let me chart out my marketing program. WOM ‘word of mouth’ stands first in the list. And Melanese must have done his worth of job :-)

I have recently noted with some amount of interest the opening of a branch of Rameshwar at New Baneswor. This eatery has not had to spread the word, possibly because fragrance travels faster. The ever busy road, where you need to honk the horns to travel through the maze of pedestrians seems ideal location for this eatery. It is just next doors to a local cinema hall, and I presume, it offers its delicacies to movie viewers before and after the movies! Now, if I were to model my advertising based on this eatery, I should have someone put up the link to my blog in someone’s site which sees a lot of traffic. Or shouldn’t I?

But for now, spread the word. I would be surprised if I see new slogans on tshirts that look something like, Log on to http://vidwata.blogspot.com. (just kidding!!!!)


2 comments:

Milan said...

I think the best form of advertisement is to write your blog URL across your forehead with a Tip-Ex pen. Here are some advantages:
1. That way, you can animate the fonts by wrinkling your forehead.
----
that just inspired me to create a joke:
what comes before a head?
a fore-head.
----
2. Also, since you're moving about, it serves as a mobile advertising board. When people gaze at your eyes, their peripheral vision will make them notice the writings on the forehead (after all, who writes on the forehead).

So, yeah. Go ahead and do it.

Sid said...

Good luck man. Just don't park your corner next to my corner; then we'd have two corners in one corner and people would just keep going around the corners instead of stopping by. Hmm, that didn't make any sense, did it? But hey, I'm the self-proclaimed king of mindless drivel.