Thursday, March 16, 2006

from Kolkata

hmmm....

"so far so good"!! thats how I answer when people ask me, so how is it going?

What does getting married really mean, I wonder sometime... actually I wonder seldom, actually I don't wonder...I wonder about customer satisfaction instead... what the heck is that supposed to be.
Looks like all the world is not a market. Hmm.. K for Kookie Jar , the confectionary chain exclaims, confectionately yours... how confectionately... I walked down a few days ago to the bakery outlet to order a birthday cake for my 4 year old nephew. Hmm, Mam the truffle would taste better, the salesboy suggests me, as I struggle to choose design for the cake... WOW, whaat dozen of designs they offer... from Kathmandu to Kolkata, this is another impressive thing that I see.... lovely birthday cakes... for Rs 325 for a pound, I am wondering if I should order a cake shaped as crayon box... truffle or choclate (the slightly less expensive version) I ponder... Why dont you try Mam, suggests the helpful salesboy... whoa... a marketer seems pleased somewhere...what a n ice way to please a customer... to make him loyal... I relish on a piece of truffle and order him a 3 pound truffle cake... while on the counter he makes me pay for the cake i ordered and the piece I tasted..... sucks.... this place is worse than baniya kaa dukaan....
and they say confectionately yours.....

hmm.... well moral of the story.... customer focus...is something you find on text books...
another moral... cakes are tempting...so much that makes you forget you were on a fast...or is it the madu me, that thought one shouldnt let go of freebies.... heck..so far so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any analogy somewhere? Please explain.

Vidwata said...

well no analogy, dear anonymous. It is just that I am out of touch from the writing world... for quite a bit and hence logical sequence of train of thoughts is difficult.

hmm...but on second reflection, so far so good!