Thursday, September 20, 2007

Farewell, is it?

Home Sweet Home
Last night before saying good night to mommy, I knew I would miss home. I wanted to cry and ask her if I could stay with her. I was so much at home again. It was okay even if my brother had sabotaged my room. That I did not have my personal phone and pc. I did not want those flashy rings, that slick cam, or anything. I wanted to be home, with mom and dad.

It is hard to leave the place where you have grown up!

Friends my treasure

Yesterday, I was with Annie the entire evening. Shopping for her wedding.The two of us were shopping again like we used to. The one difference, and probably one BIG, we were both into jewellery now. She tried various gold bangles on her delicate wrist. I suggested a this and a that. We looked throught the array of gold rings and then diamonds, 'girl's best friend', they twinkled .

But my treasure and my friend, is not a diamond that have been mined from the bloody mines of South Africa, but this diamond who is soon going to be married to a buddy of mine (oh oh).

work work and no work

A buddy suggested I get into writing a book. Annie suggested dropping CVs at Banks, as a management trainee.

I cringe when I have to fill the occupation field in various forms. 'House wife", 'freelancer' or others, these are the options I am stuck with. Freelancer is an achievment through my exteneded imagination :)


Kathmandu
Kathmandu, you and your dirty streets. The bomb explosions, the shortage of petrol... the crazy gallies (alleys)... I will miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its true u'll miss KTM and its equally true KTM will not miss you :-( Perhaps it will rejoice at seeing the back of a fanatic ... by the way ... tum aisi ho to tumhari friend kaisi hogi ... as mad as u or displays a semblance of sanity ?? However, I think the management trainee option in Banks is worth reckoning. Alas Kolkata ... u'll again have to spread ur lap wide for a Very Intriguing Devil bringing a lot of dirt from KTM ... its time u rebel and save the Ganges from doing further cleansing.