Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Flashes of Creativity (adding to the series)

Title:Just an ordinary evening!
Date of Creation :27th March,'05

Tall coffee mugs, a lovely sun set and a dear friend to share an everyday evening on my terrace. You don’t look at the coffee mugs and wonder if the china is good. You don’t look around to scan if the terrace is clean. You don’t even look at what dress your friend is wearing. It is not important that you have a lavish house and lovely garden. It is not important that you have lovely chairs on your terrace. I loiter around with Annie, clicking the setting sun, while she makes faces. We both laugh heartily as she spills some coffee on her pink shirt. Now I wonder if this is not a special coffee, a special setting and a special friend. And see this everyday evening, the seemingly unimportant day of my life becomes so special, so dear.

There is so much that an individual can share with the world. Love, affection, friendship! On many occasions when I came up to watch sunset, I would look at the clouds, the color of the sun splashed across the sky and the glowing orange ball. At times I wrote poetry, at times I sighed in despair and at times I just talked to myself. And surprisingly each time the words that came to me were of love, affection or friendship. Of love, when I came with dreamy eyes as a teenager, of affection when daddy was not well, and of friendship when I could talk to myself about wonderful people who have made a difference in my life.

If I look at it objectively, there is nothing wonderful either about the coffee, the terrace or even Annie. The frappe that I blended in the mixer is just a combination of milk, vanilla ice cream, coffee and sugar. The terrace is an ordinary part of my house where clothes are lined to dry daily. The sun, what about it…. It rises and sets just every single day. And Annie is just another next-door girl who I could have never met. Nothing, nothing at all makes it interesting. But why do I need to look at it objectively. Life is not be looked at, it is supposed to be lived. And when you start living, breathing the fresh air, and feeling good about yourself you find out that each moment is so special.

(This remained unpublished, because it was a part of life, a day in my journal... Hmm.. Annie is however, good at prying, she had read this early on, like she often reads so many of my private things ;-) ... anycase, now that she has little chances of prying... I think I can share her kill with all of you. he he he)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

somethings in this world they dont make sense... somethings you dont need until they leave you... and they're the things you miss..

Bright Lights, Matchbox 20

Anonymous said...

A stranger came to the door at eve,
And he spoke the bridegroom fair.
He bore a green-white stick in his hand,
And, for all burden, care.
He asked with the eyes more than the lips
For a shelter for the night,
And he turned and looked at the road afar
Without a window light.

The bridegroom came forth into the porch
With, 'Let us look at the sky,
And question what of the night to be,
Stranger, you and I.'
The woodbine leaves littered the yard,
The woodbine berries were blue,
Autumn, yes, winter was in the wind;
'Stranger, I wish I knew.'

Within, the bride in the dusk alone
Bent over the open fire,
Her face rose-red with the glowing coal
And the thought of the heart's desire.

The bridegroom looked at the weary road,
Yet saw but her within,
And wished her heart in a case of gold
And pinned with a silver pin.

The bridegroom thought it little to give
A dole of bread, a purse,
A heartfelt prayer for the poor of God,
Or for the rich a curse;

But whether or not a man was asked
To mar the love of two
By harboring woe in the bridal house,
The bridegroom wished he knew.

Poem:Love and a Question (by Robert Frost)

New bride,take care.Love ya.