Thursday, January 19, 2006

The good old ME

Hi!

I am back. Sorry, the post comes much later than what I had promised. Well, I was down with cough and cold and sitting in sun seemed better option than infront of my pc in my cold room.

It is a thursday night, a regular thursday night. My sister is back to her school, so the other side of my bed is again empty. I am alone in my room. The blower is blowing out hot air, the click clack of my new keyboard is the only dominant sound, and I sit down to write something.

Let me write down things i will never forget from this visit :

  • the roses at the airport
  • the walk beside the pool at hyatt
  • CCD on Saturday
    • the coffee
    • the pastries
    • the chairs
    • the cellphone ringing
    • the permutation and combination of people together ...
    • the beep (alarm started as i was trying to get in with a packet, i needed to deposit it at the security check counter) at shopper's stop and the goodbye
  • Bluffmaster
  • Harry Potter
  • Walking thru Burrabazar's hustle bustle
    • Learning how to eat jhaal moori ( you dont bring your mouth to your palm, you just flick the moori to your mouth which is raised 30 degrees upward in anticipation)
    • Learning how to create way through the crowded road, swinging hands left and right to protect against being shoved
    • Banging on the hood of the car to tell it that, it is you who will move first, this is Burra bazar, kyaa
  • Crossing road at park street
  • Catching cold in cal
  • Checking mail in cal's cyber for the first time, with Sunil
  • Realising a week has gone by.... get into the cab and get to airport
  • hmm... i will be back soon! Kathmandu to Kolkata!!!!!!! the feeling sinks in.
hmmm... now that was a hodge podge summary.... but i will tell you it was a pleasant trip. No I did not discover anything new. I only met friends, and sat across them and talked to them.

No truths found, only that, God probably doesn't have a good handwriting... :))
But he makes wonderful stories.... someday i might get some capability to write down few things, as nicely as he shows me. Thats all for now... time to sleep.

1 comment:

Sumit Srivastava said...

May all the happiness in the world be at your feet - wish you a very Happy Married life ahead!