Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Idle thoughts in an idle hour



I have been too busy poring into the screen of my laptop. I get up tidy the house a bit. It is strange to think now, that I am saying tidy the 'house'. Strange because tidy had always followed my room. Hmm, now I have a house! Well, lest I digress let me continute to what my sight met. Clean clothes hanging on a line in the basement. I collect them and bring them up. I fold them into neat stacks and arrange them in the wardrobe. Then I switch the tv on, there is a tennis match going on. I pay little attention to it. Suddenly I look out and I freeze the scene in my memory. A moment later I get my cam and click. The clouds by now have engulfed the top of the mounts in their thick white blanket.

There is so much that nature has given. And so much that man has accomplished. The background sound of birds chirping interspersed with the sound coming from speeding automobiles, is one such combi of nature with man! I look out at the green mounts, the lake in a distance and wonder , poets must have come from this place.

In such an idle hour I try to pen something:

The white blanket of clouds
The white ducks paddling in the lake
The white lillies tucked on the pathway
I wonder how this color holds the rainbow in itself!

2 comments:

Milan said...

Vid, here's a way to shorten your household chores, so that you can click on more amazing pics and write *better* poems.

"Japanese way of folding t-shirts"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AWQ5aBjgE

Vidwata said...

i am just wondering...but can I say... the white* clouds, the white.. I mean gramatically speaking!

and yeah, will try to shorten the chores and elongate the boring poems
;)