Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cheap Thrills

Why do people watch horror movies? Quite a common question. With an equally common answer- it gives a kick to the adrenaline.

This post doesn't come in response to RGV's Phoonk. I had dismissed Phoonk as another movie I wouldnt watch. I am not into horror genre at all. You can call me this typical girl who enjoys watching romcom... I also enjoy thrillers like Sarkarraj, A Wednesday, Kaun some rare offerings by the Bollywood... But then we are not talking about my choices.

My first experience with horror was Zee horror show. The ghastly faces spattered with tomato sauces made the tween in me cup my hands over my eyes. Years later Carrie was the only movie that I have watched of this genre. Me and horror movies are like impossible. Even Adidas cannot change this :P

Yet, the twist in the story of my life is such that I am here trying to write a horror story... not long it is going to be a 400 words long tale. It is a TOI competition ...and I thought let me try my luck... Get my name printed on TOI- the spell bound page.

To say the least, i am freaked out... because what ever i imagine turns out so funny... sample this... cold water bottle piercing into the chest of the man who is about to sip.... a man watches a horror movie to realize that he is not who he is .. He is the ghost- the man who was murdered ten years ago... And he finds his killer from the movie...and ..

No more..

I will post the story for you to have a nice laugh when I finish.

:-)

who said horror was just cheap thrills, it is huge amount of freaking hard work !

No comments: