Monday, September 22, 2008

Maktoob

It was another ordinary day and another ordinary walk. Had circumstances been different, I would never have remembered it. But chance had it such that I would keep going back to that day, that moment in time. It was a simple moment. For the first time in life I understood what 'freezing' means. Literally.

I hadn't frozen out of fear but some unexplained feeling. There I had to decide to walk one way or the other. I had reached another fork in the road of life. My walk would now have to choose a path. Was it chance, choice or comparison... I do not know. When I recall this incident after having chosen a path I thought was more secure or say safer...I often end up explaining my choice. It is then I realize that it was not my choice... because I couldn't have compared between the two. Comparison degrades. It was chance... it was fate... it had been already decided for me. I just walked. It was already written..

No comments: