Thursday, June 11, 2009

My new friend

R walked inside the cafe. Tall and pretty, the girl clad in black saree was elegant yet girlish. We had met twice before. In both instances we had met during wedding functions. It is strange we made friends or rather acquaintance. It is too early to call it friendship or is it? Being friends is perhaps natural to us. In not time we had exchanged numbers and promised to keep in touch!

How a friend of mine, had long ago told me that it is difficult to make friends as you grow older. I could not comprehend him then, as I do now. On a second thought have not my mom and dad had more relatives than friends? During one particular phase of life, friends seemed to be utmost important. With time things change... we enter newer relationships and there are changes. Sometimes we relocate and we leave friends behind. It has been such a journey for me. Having left my best friend in Kathmandu, I have often wondered that will we share the same connect when I go back. With a change of residential address for both of us and change in marital status quo as well... I wonder if our friendship has survived. It is true we might not be in the same plane. But we might strike off again as pals of yesteryears!

Hmm.. back to R. It was nice meeting her! She is a virgo just like Linus. And shares his birthday too. What more she loves scrabble...so we might just plan a scrabble day some day soon!

:-)

vid

No comments: