Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No comments!

Well, there have been no comments. But so what! I feel like writing. It is good, is it not!! I don't mean not having comments, but having friends in life! Yes, I have coupla friends finally in Kolkata... You guys know about R and Sri and there are 2 more. But R and Sri both are special. So different yet similar. Both tall and ambitious. Both young and raring to go! R is married, Sri is not. But that hardly matters. We can be ourselves...this chatty girls that we are. Independent, ambitious... dreamers... It is great to see oneself in others. I sometimes think I will grow into a lazy log. Having nothing to do, no challenges to challenge myself... I wonder if I will regress into a typical maadu housewife... something Milanese warned me of long back...

Okay, I am chatty today... I know (smug smile...)... Where should I start?? It was a lazy morning... I woke up at 6 and fell back to sleep snoozing the alarm all the time. My decision to start an exercise routine fell apart as I went back to sleep. Yes, I need to exercise.. I am losing all my flexibility. I wonder now that I used to dance so well... once upon a time!!

Hmmm... in the afternoon after a sumptous lunch that comprised besan ka roti, with kachar ka sabji thrown in and mixed with generous helping of curd and crunchy onions. I loved it. Then I sat down with Anuradha Roy's novel. The author is the daughter of my neighbour.. Well in between the pages sleep found me.

Hmm.... there is a disconnect in thought now... Mom dropped in for a chat. So we were talking for a bit! Now I suddenly remember hearing this wonderful song ... aaoge jab tum sajna... angna phool khilenge... Remember hearing it at the store while shopping with Sri this weekend.

I am soo glad there is good music , good food, good friends... Thank you God!

You can find the lyrics here...

No comments: