Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Momoir- Mother's Memoir

Rhymes and tickles, frolic and fun


I am a little tea pot
Short and stout
Here's my handle and here's my spout
When the water's boiling
Hear me Shout
Pick me up and pour me out


Isn't it lovely. I never thought I would look out for nursery rhymes, memorize them and then sing them over and over again. S admits I know far more rhymes than him. Well, I haven't heard him graduate beyond Twinkle Twinkle. M loves to hear Old Mc Donald, Twinkle Twinkle (and she will open up her palm and close it again to make the gesture of a twinkling star) and Baa baa black sheep. She has recently taken to Hindi rhymes too. We got a DVD of hindi rhymes so that her grandma could sing to her as well. Hmm, the whole house is now singing: Aaloo kachaloo bete kaha gaye the...baingan kee tokri mei so rahe the..!

I sometimes wonder if I am talking enough to her, am I reading enough to her. I worry in the back of my mind that we have not yet started story telling. All this is thanks to the parenting sites that I go through! Well, I realize we have given listening to flute a break. Hearing Hari Prasad Chourasia had become a regimen when M was colicy. Now, I think we have wider options to explore.

There is so much on my mind. From weaning to writing to giving her the mug to drink and making that album for her first birthday to buying new toys. I wish there were quite few new mums that I knew. So that we would have a Momz Gang. It's strange but it's true- when I called up S's cousin today, she told her hubby that M's mom is calling. From Vid to M's mom!

I signed up on twitter too today. Well, I did not get the user id i wanted...vidwata..neither did i get vid... I thought of alternatives. Sample this WithWater...and guess what already taken... The next on my mind was withWereWhat...and there I am ... Still trying to figure out how to tweet. I think I am better at telling stories than tweeting. If I could tweet I could even consider flash fiction next.

Anyways, another thing of paramount importance is getting back to writing. I want to start working from home. Something that involves writing. So, let me get back into my writer's chair and put on my creative hat. What do you wish to read next... a poem, a story or a discourse on how to raise a child!!

See you soon. And yes, your comment brings a smile! Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

start writing now. n e thing.