Saturday, December 31, 2005

Me on New Year's eve

Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairy tale!
anon


Blissfully single and so much not in love ;-) I walk on streets of Kathmandu unaware of any tugs at heart. But the season of love is not far, I guess. For the first time in life, I look at couples walking together. Some hand in hand, some a little far. Some shy, some too unbothered by onlookers existence.

I walk into Court yard, a lovely café. Candle lights and wooden chairs. An ambience, that draws you in. Alas, they have taken away the coffee menu. Annie joins me here. And we order a veg sizzler. The sizzle, the white sauce, the lovely noodles, the French fries. The taste , the texture, the fragrance… After a long time, I am just me here. Just me. No thoughts in mind, no strings at heart, free as a bird!

Annie goes home. I take another turn. As I walk, I am drawn into another café, a sweet looking couple invite me for a cuppa. Bad coffee but good company. I look at the two, and just then I am reminded of all love songs, and all love poems, and all promises that these might have exchanged. For one sec, I wonder how would it be, to be with some one I would love some day. Till then, a toast to all those in love!

And Happy New year.

1 comment:

zany said...

"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities"
-Janos Arany
Quoted in sunday times.