Saturday, December 31, 2005

plastic flowers and real ones

God, came to me last year since I was being a good girl. eating icecream in winter and staying out till late ! So he said, Vid dear, what do you say.... start behaving and you get something good. I said, sure chum, whats the deal. He tells me... well keep these flowers , these are plastic ones and nice looking ones keep them forever and well be happy. Hmm... I wrinkle my nose... what man, you come all the way to the Earth and give m e plastic flowers... so he said.. ok..take these bunch of real ones... (well he just shows me the pictures of the real ones actually). I say...these are pictures...he says but these are the pictures of real flowers..

Hmm... GOD is funny guy. Now this year he came to me again.. with flowers ...this time real ones too. He said hey Vid, now take these... I took them, fresh and lovely... next day they wilted...but since it was GOD who gave them to me I keep them.. I keep them for a week...and there HE comes and tells me I should throw flowers when they wilt and replace them with fresh ones. Hmmm... and form no attachment with flowers he says... He tells me, you are lucky you got real flowers, most mortals choose plastic flowers and they never need to throw....

I take another bunch from him. but this time.. i walk to my garden and decide to plant flowers. I need flowers for a life time. I cannot afford to let them wilt....

At this point...GOD puts on this song on his MP3 : plant your love and let it grow...eric clapton

and he says..keep jumping keep fit... I will bless you cause good ppl send you my blessings :D and say NO to plastic ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey brander! wouldnt a refined version of this story be loved by an environmentalist who wishes to make a public interest ad? or someone branding natural *.*?? :D

and btw, maybe we spend too much time whining over signs and reasons. To my really little bit experience, i think we should ask this question at such times - am i looking at only the 10% which is not there? most often we may be missing out on what is there.

and so true, say NO to plastic, for whatever you see as plastic ;)

and hahaha, if you dont understand what this means, we can shout Eureka!

love,
fortytwo

Anonymous said...

and well, to add to this, at times, we are looking at only the 10%, because thats the only 10% that matters to us.

thats coming back 360degrees!? :D

peace,
fortytwo

Milan said...

Hey, Vid. From now on, just call me Milan hai? And don't capitalize ALL of my pronouns! Merde!!

When did I give you plastic flowers again? Remind me.

And for the last time, I did not create the world. It was there when I got there.