Wednesday, December 21, 2005

On 4th Sem Courses and some learnings:

Strategic Management:
The instructor would read out from the slides.The lowering enthusiasm made sure, I never arrived in time. What would you miss any case?
But my learning:
Opportunities need to be carefully identified. You miss an opportuniy, you miss it. It's no use pumping in resources after you realize the opportunity is gone. Put your stakes on the winning horse!

Entrepreneurship:
There is nothing like taking risks, entrepreneurs seek to lower their risk!! Through innovation of course. Well!! entrepreneurship in classroom, someone had remarked. 'Get into the fields and get your hands dirty', were the actual words. Well, I never got into the field, but through class room studies, I generated a ordinary report on innovation. As in go looking for innovation in a Financial Institution. Well my learning points were, being able to converse with the finance honchos, thanks to few Management of Financial Institutions classes that I took on weekends.

But thanks to this course we have fairly learnt how to design entrepreneurial SYSTEM, and that DRUCKER might be dead, but so long Hail Drucker.
(If you were looking for a comment on the asst. proff... ;-) hmmm... his classes sucked too)

Consumer Behavior
Ah... here comes a marketer's dream. It's easy, isn't it?? You are after all the consumer :D. well I went shopping just an evening before the exam... to get real life experience... :P

well, interesting course, but why the heck didn't we have any field project for this... :P not that I am ready to handle it now...anymore...

One major learning point: unintendedly copied my instructor's accent....such that i can take even her kids for a ride... once when i called up her and said..HELLO..the sonny said... MUMMA :))

MIS
No no ..it isn't Milan is Sexy :))

It is Management Information System. And well, a fundoo course. Specially the vivas on Bill Gates' 'The Road Ahead'... questions like, his wife's name, who he dedicated the book to :))
Well, more fun was a documentary that we had to make.. We did a wonderful music video on Bhaktapur. Never wandered anywhere as intensly. Too good a place!!

Hmm..we did something on information too!! Encryption - decryption. well i can write an encrypted love letter to my fiance now, such that only he decrypt it :P

Lotsa abbreviations... DSS, RSA, CASE... and knowing lotsa good ppl... Ken Olsen (DEC), Steve Balmer(Microsoft), Turing (was a gay !!)


HRD
Non credit course... Hmm.. fun ! thats it.. The instructor never bored us. I have no text book to refer to. Never did much of notes taking this sem, so nothing is there for HRD. THe exam is on 23rd of December. I guess I should be on look out for good material in the web.

Wish me luck on my grades. This time I have two sets of parents to show my report card too :D