Saturday, January 20, 2007

He

Hmm... so what do you think a man is ? Over a past pav bhaji conversation (or may be pre pav bhaji) this question pops up..

It reminds me of Kathmandu, a restaurant where I was sipping coffee with an 18 year old boy. Young enough to be my brother, and almost, he was Annie's. Over coffee and some ciggi smoke, he asks, so Vid, tell me , describe your man.

It is tricky- I have this not really nice man who comes up immediately (that time in KTM), he has a ciggarette between his fingers, his ears are plugged with sounds coming from his mp3 player, he opens his mouth to word the lyrics that he is listening to, gives sly and long looks to good looking women, and shuts off his system after several hours of gruesome work to get a fresh air and jogs for an hour.

Then, I switch the image, there is a well groomed fellow- with his tie in place, he just shaved this morning, his aftershave is just too irresistible. Too irritatingly good, annie would have commented... then I take a puff and agree with Alok, this goodie guy is someone I would have a family with...and that baddie an affair... we guffaw.... (Alok , my coffee companion)

Hmmm, it is a year since that time. There have been several coffee times, few newer faces, but one constant coffee companion- who i better refrain from describing (he peeps in too often, and I just cant call him sexy out here..he he )... and well after a long time..of no more conjuring a man up.. no more building stories.. no more looking for COLORs, there pops the question again...
and JB asks, why is your man a baddie, fuelled by the description of my one time story (a date with Annie) where I write as a man... and my description of the man is not really a baddy, except he has ordered beer....

So, JB sets to argue, you think a man is always with beer and ciggi and... and and ...

I smile.... Is there anything to say? The man has gone and hid... I am waiting and wanting his return...

So that I can write!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"He" is Heavenly, He is Enigma. So that is how you should describe a He, a Heavenly Enigma. Give some time ... Linus will become Millionaire And Naughty ... i.e. your MAN and then you can gaze at him in wonderment and pen paeans about his MANliness :-)