Thursday, January 11, 2007

Story time coming up!!

After a long time again, I want to write...

This is the same kind of mood, when I would write long emails. So, well lets get started!
So, should I talk about last evening when we had Pav Bhaji, a foursome! Reminded me of many a pav bhaji sessionsthat we had 6 of us, in Kathmandu. Its been so long, the college days are over, and so have each of us in the gang,been gone!

Before I begin to reminisce, let me get back to today!
Today, is no special day, not unique in any way... yet it is a day I live... it is a day I will have lived.I continue with the day in the ordinary manner, wake up, fix breakfast for Linus, kiss him good bye. And after he has left, the day begins on my own, a day of cleaning, of showering, of getting around the house... And in these irrelevant details of life, I listen to R.D Burman- one particular song that I listen with intent is- Kabhi kabhi yeh sapna lagta hey...

Perhaps it indeed is a dream, to be staying in leisure in this beautiful setting! Linus looks at the landscape, and says it looks like a painting they have put up there. In deed so many times, I feellike one of the sketches that my sister used to paint when she was a child, has become real. Or have I stepped into one of her paintings. It is a rare moment in life: that I am not worried, there are no homeworks, no project works, no deadlines, no nothing.... Living on my own.... being a housewife seems to be such a luxurious thing. I wonder why I really hatedto be one..

If housewife were a profession, it would be a wonderfully paid job. And then probably respected too. Why do we not really respect housewives? No no, let me not digress again. But let me add one point- I reminsce the story of the Doll House, written by Isben- house wife is again an extended life of a well protected kid. Hmmm.. kabhi kabhi yeh sab apna lagta hey, tum samjha do mann ko kya samjhaaoo!

Hmm, this song I am listening was recommended by JB last night. Last night as I was telling you, we had a pav bhaaji jamming. It was fun. In fact, it was slightly inspirational- one that I can make a living out of a pav bhaaji stall if need be (kidding !!), JB told me that he had read my blogs, OMG, so people do read my blogs...

I have a set of visitors that I expect will turn up. My friends. And sometimes there are people who I do not know, who will come and read. I really don't know what purpose will my blog serve to be. Once upon a time, I had intended it to be a marketing (branding) student's platform . I talked of branding... and majorly of customer centricism.

Now, it has become (or reduced to) a personal blabber.. I wonder what point could I be making.
I can understand, Linus has one reason to read it... He likes to see that I write. Last night before we went to sleep, I had told him, I cannot write anymore, I just do not know how to... and he gave me one look, and said of course, I can write..

So, well... there is a story begining to germinate in my mind... It will be an adaptation, or rather say inspired by last night's conversations among friends!

So, is it story time again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do you think people in the romantic milieu of Switzerland write blogs, why do you think people in the boring confines of an office read blogs, why do you think I am leaving this comment ?? Why ?? The answer is .... to vanquish a formidable enemy .... called TIME ... that looms large over you wielding all its vicious tentacles and threatens to engulf you in a timeless chasm of nothingness if not killed. Also, it keeps my nostrils from emanating noises, suggesstive of sleep, when I am in office. Enough of stories of your home and daily chores and Linus and yearning for Kathmandu. Time to write something that will, I always say this, give light to the mind and warmth to the heart. Forget the apron for some time and put on wings to fly. Let yourself out beyond the stark, rocky and snowy hills protruding aggressively against the horizon by the lakeside that you can see from your balcony. Explore the world yonder and come back with a richness never felt before and make it alive here, amongst us. Linus will be fine till then, with beer and babe(s)